Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cottage Inspiration

My farmstead idea is based loosely around a bed and breakfast... but with a farm twist. I am not so interested in having guests stay IN my home. Rather, I would like to create an inviting property, complete with animals and crops, walking trails, ponds, streams, trees and flowers... where people can get away from reality for a weekend or a week. I like the idea of providing guests with private cottages where they can still have the bed and breakfast service, but the choice to be as social or secluded as they wish.

Below are pictures courtesy of Backyard Cabins. I would lean more towards a farm cottage feel in design and finish work, but these cute little cabins are right along the lines of what I'd envision on my property.







No comments:

Post a Comment